Sealing around bath (difficult)

Normally sealing around the bath is easy - a bead of silicon, flatten it out with wet finger, and so on.

In my bathroom, the wall is wonky. The gap between the bath and the wall is up to an inch at parts, although it's flush at others.

Sealing has been a nightmare. I've tried bridging tiles, which crack when the bath moves (yes, I fitted them with the bath full), and am now trying the Homeseal strips (cross section is an L with rubber edges - glued to the wall with special adhesive). This works mostly but the water gets UNDER the seal at certain points.

I've just tried sealing under the seal with some silicon but, of course, silicon isn't designed to stick to plastic. I suspect it might do the job for a few months but somebody might scrub it particularly hard while cleaning and cause problems.

Anybody else had problems like this?

Reply to
Stinkoman

I used the same seal as you in my last house but i put a bead of silicone on the bath before fitting and tiled over the wall edge , it was ok but a bit dodgy in the corner heres another option :-

've not tried the above but it looks good

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff