Nail Guns

Can anyone define the difference between a "First-Fix" and a "Second- Fix" nail gun please - is it just that the "First" is stronger (more powerful) and therefore for bigger nails/jobs etc or am I totally wrong???

Reply to
Don The Duck

Yes. Usually a first fix model is a large framing nailer able to fire

70-100mm nails
Reply to
Andy Hall

"Second-

Also the Second Fix ones have the option of a soft pad to avoid the re-bound damaging skirting, architrave etc and leaving a small 'hammer mark'

AWEM

ps anyone got a cheap second fix Paslode they want to pass on ????

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Comes down to nail size and features like getting an anti marking nose on the second fix ones.

More here:

John Rumm

Thanks to all - at least I know what to save up for now. Ta Don

Reply to
Don The Duck

You need to be doing quite a lot of nailing to justify one, IMHO (except that the little electric ones are great for nailing down hardboard or plywood on uneven floorboards prior to vinyl, etc).

Reply to
Newshound