Mounting an electric vertical radiator horizontially

Hello, we have a loft conversions with no central heating, we are limited to ceiling height on the walls due to the low eaves so I am looking at the possibility of mounting a designer electrical radiator that is designed to be hung vertically, horizontally.
Here is a link to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vertical-Anthracite-Slim-Space-Saving-Electric-Designer-Radiator-1780mm-x-236mm-/400967615379?hash=item5d5b884393:g:GKsAAOSwKtlWtAJa
Is this possible, as it is not directly plumed it shouldn't need to be bleed, I'm just not sure if it will still function in the same way.
Cheers
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:44:02 GMT, Lee Turner

Are these things all not oil filled and therefore you would need to ensure the element was kept covered in oil if you change the orientation?
What would be wrong with a more conventional wall mounted horizontal / slim line oil filled radiator?
Cheers, T i m

If it's oil filled with an element (or elements) at the bottom, convection will not carry heat away from the elements in a horizontal position. This would cause the thermostat to shut the element down long before the whole radiator is hot.
On the whole, a bad idea I would say. Look for something designed to be mounted horizontally.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Doing a web search for "electric skirting board heaters" (or "base board heaters") brings up lots of hits.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 1/10/2017 1:29 PM, Tim+ wrote:

+1 to both Tims

I would wonder whether a simple fan heater might do the job more economically.
On 10/01/2017 13:29, Tim+ wrote:

Oddly enough I have just refused to fit one of those at ceiling height!
--
Adam

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:45:26 +0000, ARW

For a confused Australian? ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Tuesday, 10 January 2017 12:44:04 UTC, Lee Turner wrote:

It will overheat. Get some electric tubular heaters. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p32265?mkwid=sT9mE2VOZ_dc&pcrid3419364526&pkw=&pmt=&product2265&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqdLDBRDD-b2sv6-i6MsBEiQA
They come in various sizes.
Or a portable heater parked in the centre of the room.

Fan heater makes a lot more sense.
On Tuesday, 10 January 2017 12:44:04 UTC, Lee Turner wrote:

Seems a lot of money for a few pipes painted grey. Make your own then you can distribute the heat source throughout the tubes, then it'll be happy. That means connecting elements in a mix of series & parallel.
NT