vertical radiator valves with drain?

Hello,

Can anyone help me? I am looking for a vertical radiator valve with drain to fit to a towel radiator so that I can drain and remove the radiator when I want to decorate without having to drain the whole system. I have seen horizontal versions for "traditional" radiators but vertical versions are proving much harder to find.

Thanks in advance, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

By 'vertical' do you simply mean 'in-line' rather than 'angled'? If so, how about something like

?

Reply to
Roger Mills

but at the time I was thinking that angled valves are normally aligned horizontally and straight valves vertically but you knew what I meant. These are what I am looking for thought they seem a bit long or is that because the photo shows the tail?

Reply to
Stephen

> ?

It does look a bit long - I agree. But I guess it has to be like that. As you say, it shows the thread on the tail - which will be inside the rad - so that makes it looks even longer. But the tail is necessarily longer than a standard one on account of having the drain-off in the middle. And the body of a straight valve is longer than that of an angled one due to having a connection each end.

I'm about to fit some angled drain-off valves, and they are the same size as normal ones, apart from having the drain sticking out at the side.

Reply to
Roger Mills