Pipe fittings to extend radiator pipes further away from a wall?

Hello There

After taking my radiator off and having soundproofing added to my flat wall, the radiator will now not fit back, as the wall protrudes out further.

Does anyone know of a pipe fitting (maybe S shaped) and where I can get them, to extend the radiator pipes further away from a wall, but to still keep the same horizontal position?

I would rather not drain down the system, as I'm a DIY Newcomer.

Many thanks,

Reply to
Richard

If you have 1/2 inch rad valves you could turn these 1/4 turn, add a very short piece of 15mm pipe and connect a compression elbow directly on to the rad tail. This would probably give a minimum of 30-40mm.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Top entry, bottom entry, pipes through wall or trough floor? How much thickness added? Diameter and material of pipework?

not immediately, but maybe someone who knows will be along soon.

Hey, and will remain so if you don't face the challenge. Draining down is something you might need to do some day. A DIYer would do it the neatest way. Think again about draining down as an option.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Wouldn't you have to drain down the system anyway to fit the new pipe fitting (if you could get the S shaped thing you are looking for)? Or maybe you can use a freezer system to plug the pipe long enough to remove the valve and fit the new bit of pipework?

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

Well my assumption was that the OP closed down the rad valves and uncoupled them from the radiator tailpieces. But there has been no follow up post "how do I get rid of black gunge from my carpet" so who knows.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

So you mean they have left the valves connected to the pipework and want to add extra piping between the valve and the rad? I thought normal practice was to keep the valves connected directly to the radiator?

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

No idea, since the OP hasn't clarified, but the context was that the rad had already been removed and a solution was wanted that did not involve draining down. Personally ISTM that the OP has done well as a "DIY Newcomer" to get the rad off the wall without draining down.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander