hotpoint wf 860 pr

I have a Hotpoint ULTIMA 1600 spin WF 860 PR washer. Which the drum bearings are failing. Could you please tell me what size bearing is needed. There seem to be two internal sizes 30 or 35 mm offered. One kit specifies a modified non genuine (compatible) bearing. Is this because of previous bearing failings Does the R on the end of the model number make any difference? I can't find a reference to it on part sites & should I replace the drum seal o ring. Many thanks!

Reply to
stu71

Dunno about the bearing, but ALWAYS replace seals, etc. It's probably them that caused the bearing to fail.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No. Hotpoint or a micrometer can.

It's because it's cheaper from someone other than Hotpoint.

ask Hotpoint

If the old one isn't upto reuse yes. There's no way to know until you've disassembled.

Next time buy a decent brand so you don't need to keep replacing bearings.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes its the dreaded rust. I'm not so sure that just doing the bearings is going to make your washer last much longer. Once the water gets into bearings, you tend to find other mechanical parts also are worn like motors and their bearings, so unless its cheap and easy to do, just cut and run.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think that inferring anything from a "Brand Name" is a bit over-rated nowadays. Designs are bought and sold. Assemblies are made by partner companies for many brand names. The actual manufacturing could be done anywhere.

All a bit pot luck.

(Pause and wait for a Miele owner to attack)

I have only had Indesits. They have all lasted really well. I am only really concerned about cost per year - a cheap one for 15 years or an expensive one for 20?. Eventually they look old and tired.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Firstly, are the bearings replaceable? Pop the top off the machine and make sure that the outer drum isn't a completely welded shut plastic affair. If you can't open the outer drum then you can't replace the bearings.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Reply to
Bob Eager

The difference is a lot more than that.

I couldn?t care less how they look, what matters is whether they keep doing the job you bought them to do and whether there is now a better way of doing that job available.

Reply to
Sam Jackson