Most absurd lie on a product

A vaccine is not like a medicine though. Typically vaccine side-effects will be seen soon after vaccination and are immune system reactions to it and once the vaccine has been eliminated from the body there are no more effects. They contain killed or weakened virus or, now, an artificial creation with just enough similarity to the virus that the immune system can learn the characteristics

Medications are taken for longer periods, have much wider effect and can cause cumulative damage.

I'd much rather have a new vaccine than a new medication.

Reply to
Steve Walker

It happens that Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated :

I don't recall brushless being possible in the 1960's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Don't ever take any medicine, then. As even when approved will have serious side effects with some.

Just carry on hoping you won't be one of those killed or maimed by Covid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Does your cordless vacuum use a car starter motor then? Might be a bit heavy to use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The developers of the Covid vaccines are in an invidious position: either they shorten the product-testing process to get the vaccine out as quickly as possible (with extra risks or side effects) or else they apply the full Committee on Safety of Medicines clinical trials process and are criticised for taking too long.

Nothing is "100% safe". There are always risks. As always in life, you need to be aware of the risk:benefit ratio and make a decision accordingly. And when any side effects are reported, they should be set in the context of the equivalent risks of a) doing nothing, and b) taking other unrelated products. I believe that the risk of blood clots with one of the vaccines is significantly less than that for smoking, taking oral contraception and other normal lifestyle activities.

Reply to
NY

People are clotting/dying from the experimental gene therapy so it's clearly not safe. And Fony Fauci claims the "vaccinated" still need to wear a mask so apparently the experimental gene therapy is not effective either. I'm pretty certain this Fauci prick is lying to us.

Reply to
Larry

But you are not an ArtsStudent?. To an ArtsStudent?, stuff that goes in your arm is all the same.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Brushless controllers depend on microelectronics that didn't exist then. It would have been a can brushed motor and a gear box probably

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Someone in the knowledge of electric motors would know that the brushless motor was invented in 1962 because of solid state tech. Brushless commutation doesn't have to depend exclusively on microelectronics.

Fredxx

At the beginning, there were around 110 or more projects to produce a virus. The methodology varies, but there might have been a half dozen different forms. One of our national news sites, had a long web page, tracking the various approaches. The reason so many projects took off, was to try to find something effective. When you read the article on RNA_Vaccine, you can see based on its research history, what a long shot it was.

For a summary of the successful and still-born efforts, see this article.

*******

The AZ one seems to have a higher risk of clotting, than occurs naturally in humans. There are enough clotting problems in humans, before COVID came along, we have a national lab set up here which does nothing but "genetic tests for clotting conditions". If you're prone to such conditions, that lab can give a diagnosis so the doctor knows you've got a problem that needs careful attention. You can have a genetic predisposition to abnormal clotting.

using as a vector the modified chimpanzee adenovirus ChAdOx1

adenoviral serotypes ... (known as the common cold)

The adenovirus is also modified so it cannot reproduce. The only exception is some question about the Russian Sputnik, where there are two adenoviruses, and one of them may not have been quiesced properly. You might have symptoms of a cold in that case, The Brazilians rejected Sputnik recently. The Russians don't agree with their analysis. I don't know if any other country or body is interested in repeating the Brazilian analysis or not, as verification. This represents a violation of protocol, rather than a clear and present danger. You're not supposed to make vaccines that way.

*******

The Pfizer is a (messenger) RNA one. That's different than DNA, which is what makes your cells work. Work on the concept started in 1990 (that's to give time to collect all the three-eyed fish as a byproduct).

"mRNA vaccines do not affect or reprogram DNA inside the cell. The synthetic mRNA fragment is a copy of the specific part of the viral RNA that carries the instructions to build the antigen of the virus (a protein spike, in the case of the main coronavirus mRNA vaccines), and is not related to human DNA. This misconception was circulated as the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines came to public prominence, and is a debunked conspiracy theory."

At least one of the two mRNA ones, there were patients with clotting, but the rate was the same as the rate for the general population who had not received a vaccine. Whereas the AZ one, the rate of clot for that is higher than background. And it looks like the Germans were likely right, in their estimate of the clot rate for AZ.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I am not sure that was in the end true..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I doubt many in the UK care much what Trump lovers think.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

At a rate barely above what happens in unvaccinated people; far lower than in people who catch Covid-19; and far lower than in women taking the pill.

There is no gene therapy, that is simply a term used by anti-vaxxers to spread fear. Gene therapy modifies your DNA and the vaccines do not.

The Pfizer vaccine contains a small section of mRNA (Messenger RNA) which cells use for communication. Normally these are naturally released around the body to instruct cells to produce particular proteins and are used up and eliminated. In this case the mRNA is introduced as a vaccine. For the short time that it is in the body, it persuades cells to make a protein with the same spikes as the virus, so that the immune system can learn to recognise it.

The Astra-Zeneca vaccine contains an altered monkey virus. Humans are incapable of catching this monkey virus, but the alteration contains the same spikes as the virus, so that the immune system can learn to recognise Covid-19.

Nothing is safe. You can die from drinking too much water!

The levels of risk are small; smaller than the risks of catching the virus; and a lot smaller than everyday risks that we are happy to take - driving or cycling for instance.

No vaccine is 100% effective - yet over many decades, they have protected billions of people and practically wiped out some deadly illnesses.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Why has nobody googled for the same part number like I've just done, to find that it's actually 65W?

Reply to
Dave W

First ones I saw in practice were on a Clerk-Technique pro 1/4" tape machine. About 1970. The design later made by Levers-Rich.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yup, a democrat administration would have waited months and months and many more deaths to approve the vaccines.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Google up deaths from blood clots and you will see how common the problem is. Almost did me in 20 years ago and surgeon said his father had died from a clot.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Are you certain this wasn't a hysteresis motor?

You're probably right but given the cost of electronics over brushes I assumed BLDC motors would have been associated with satellites and other high value items with a long design life.

Reply to
Fredxx

What people seem to miss is that although the testing took far less time than typical, all the usual testing stages were completed, and in many cases with much larger third stage trials than would usually be carried out. What was different this time, was there was adequate money available (underwritten by the tax payer) which meant the developers did not have to worry about the costs, or worry about "wasting" money on trial stages if it turned out they had to abandon a product mid way through the trials.

Indeed... same applies to things like blood clots *caused* by Heparin (an anti clotting drug). Its known there are very rare cases where it can actually can cause clots. It is still used routinely by the NHS because there is a massive nett benefit overall, with many fewer casualties.

Reply to
John Rumm

Fairly certain, as that's what the guys who fixed them said. It was usual in having twin capstans, and not relying on feed motor back tension for the tape/head contact.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News