strange mauve cast on youtube video

I've borrowed one of those cheap £50 4k 360 deg experience cameras and was hoping to use it to get a 180 pano shots , rather than spend £300+ on a go Pro.

So after messing about and finding I couldn't do it on a Mac (or rather a way to do it) , using a PC I got a suitable file 7GB for 15mins of video. uploaded it to utube, which took about 1 hour then it started processing 2 hours later it was still prcessing, went to bed and next day it was done. But was annoyed after all the effort that the resulting video now had a strong and annoying mauve cast to it. I was using firefox at the time, so asked a work collegue if he knew why and becasue I had to log on to my work email I used safari and the cast was gone, using chrome no cast so it seem that only FF has this cast but why no other video I've watched on yuotube has this.

Not sure I expect anyone to know but if you've experienced this don't worry just aviod FF. This is the video it was just a test so not really made for interesting viewing and nothing much happens until 8mins in when a pair of t*ts come into frame No if the above isn't clickbait what is ;-)

whisky-dave

"All YouTube videos playback as green and purple"

"about:config in your address bar

Search for

media.mediasource.webm.enabled

and double click on it to change it from false to true. "

Presumably this has something to do with changing the CODEC choices, and maybe it's a different CODEC that isn't colour-compromised. I couldn't find any hints as to why that might help.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

No mauve caste here using FF88.01 on Win10 PC.

Reply to
The Other John

That vid was shown to me in VP9 format, not WebM, of course it may vary depending on what fibs various browsers tell youtube.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ok on Opera GX.

Reply to
jon

That sounds like incorrect processing of the complimentary colours, It may well be that there is a flag in the videos to correct this for different video formatas and some of the videos do or don't have the flag or maybe Firefox does not see all the flags, which I suspect is likely the case. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

No trace of mauve on my Firefox (88.0.1)

Reply to
Dave W

Same version I'm using at work on a iMac running sierra Although it's more of a green cast going by the white window frame rather than the concrete sill. But get the same at home. Strange but not something I'm going to worry about as most dont; seem to be affected.

Reply to
whisky-dave