Cordless Vacuum

Hi folks,

I've just got a new car, and in what will almost certainly be a short lived exercise, I'm going to try and keep it clean...

I'm looking for a decent cordless vacuum. The Dyson thing looks good but at £130 I think it's a bit OTT.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

We got one in a local shoppie in a sale for £99 including a box of additional tools. You get 10 minutes on a full charge - which is just about enough to clean a cars (depending in the grime!) - which was the primary reason for getting it - however it's proven really usefull since then for doing little bits here & there roud the house where getting out the big Dyson is a hassle for a little job...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Why cordless? Most cars have a 12 volt outlet in the shape of a cigar lighter or whatever. No point in paying extra for batteries which can and will fail.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite, use the car battery.

Car vacuum cleaners are really quite proficient at vacuuming cars and significantly cheaper than cordless devices, that will probably expire before the job is finished unless you intend to vacuum daily.

Reply to
Old Codger

Not vacuum related but if you want some tips and guidance of keeping it looking like new, have a look at the guides etc or join here:

VAG_dude

no such animal, there just isnt enough power available from small batteries or a car lighter socket.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I've got a 12 volt car vacuum which is adequate for a quick tidy up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Spot on. A rechargeable Tchibo 12v cordless vac gave up the ghost after less than 18 months. The 12v 2.6A lead-acid battery just wouldn't hold a charge. I've recycled the battery, and when I get round to it will attach a lead with a lighter plug to what's left of the vac after removing the charging electronics.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Yes, but thats a long way from the sort of power you get from a domestic mains vac. Domestic vacs are generally in the region of

600w-1500w, try getting that from a cig lighter plug or sub Cs.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

They might have a power input of that but it's not a true guide to suction. And a car one doesn't have to cover such large areas.

Mains drills have also much more 'power' than a cordless one. Doesn't mean cordless drills are useless.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A little off topic, but what mains jobby is good?

Reply to
Moonraker