More of Mikes kittens

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.

Reply to
Bod

But within that topic, half of the responses will be from idiots.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No, it's allowing you to read the interesting posts without having to sift through the garbage. Imagine your Sky box could automatically remove soaps/whatever you're not interested in form the planner.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[27 lines snipped]

That's because, like Dim, your time is utterly worthless.

Reply to
Huge
[17 lines snipped]

Do you imagine this posturing makes you look superior in some way?

Reply to
Huge

Your ego is showing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your whole attitude is as such.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

+1

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Hey, he's not happy, so you can't really blame him.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Why is he not happy?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

's interesting? It would be like watching every single TV program instead of selecting them based on title.

Do you watch every single thing on TV to find out whether it;s any good or not ? Personally I don;t have kill files and I don't need someone to hand me a li st of things I don't want to watch I don;t make a list of things I dont wan t to watch either. I just watch what I feel like watching I don't feel the need to have a list of things not to watch, why would I ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

t through the garbage. Imagine your Sky box could automatically remove soa ps/whatever you're not interested in form the planner.

Yes I'd have massive caps in the TV sheduale and I'd have no idea what was being shown at those times, so I miught think I;m missing out on something, so I prefer to see what is on rather than not be able to see what is on ev en if I don't want to wacth it I'd like to know about it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No, it could just place a blank coloured box, or have "unwanted" or "filtered" written on it, then you'd know it was something you've decided you're not interested in, like Songs of Praise.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So you don't find it tedious reading through 100s of channels which are 99% s**te, just to find a few programs to watch that day?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

sift through the garbage. Imagine your Sky box could automatically remove soaps/whatever you're not interested in form the planner.

was being shown at those times, so I miught think I;m missing out on someth ing, so I prefer to see what is on rather than not be able to see what is o n even if I don't want to wacth it I'd like to know about it.

ered" written on it, then you'd know it was something you've decided you're not interested in, like Songs of Praise.

I recorded two episodes of songs of Praise a few weeks ago. My tastes on what I want to watch can vary in.

Reply to
whisky-dave

rote:

:

hiskied bloke.

hat's interesting? It would be like watching every single TV program inste ad of selecting them based on title.

a list of things I don't want to watch I don;t make a list of things I dont want to watch either. I just watch what I feel like watching I don't feel the need to have a list of things not to watch, why would I ?

9% s**te, just to find a few programs to watch that day?

Not really I know what channels are most likely to have stuff on I wish to watch so I tend to view those first and skip the others. I''m not intrested in signing up for one of those roulete ganes you can hav e on the TV or mobile device but I have been know to listen to the T&Cs bec ause I found them interesting, far more intresting than theresa may announc ing an election for the 100th well 5 or 6th time I;d heard those words last night.

Reply to
whisky-dave

How odd. Most people hate certain types of program and always have.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I can see no logical reason to hate certain types of program I might choose not to watch them or dislike them. As for songs of praise it's not something I've watched before and as a work collegue is a singer and her chior was in two episdoes I decide to record them rather than sit through them. I was going to offer her the right to sing a track written by a friend of mine as I thought a chior version might sound quite good and to give then something to sing about other than God. I played her the youtube video.

but she declined my offer :-) I thought it quite appropriote as Jesus was meant to take the blame for us sinners.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I see no point in wasting my brainpower sifting through s**te when my computer can do it for me. Tell me, do you use a mangle, a carpet sweeper, a push mower?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Most people have a preference, they might like or hate: soaps, science fiction films, romantic comedies, documentaries, etc, etc. This usually doesn't change throughout their entire life. Certainly not on a regular basis.

I avoid anything even slightly to do with god. I have a notice on my door saying "No religious nutters".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword