Mobile Phone Masts Locater

Once upon a time I had a link to an excellent website that could tell you the location of mobile phone masts from your postcode.

I've lost it and so far can't find an equivalent, is anybody aware of something similar please?

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

this is French but takes UK postcodes - albeit sometimes (in London at least) only to level 3

(hat tip to Mark Carver for the link)

Reply to
Robin

Interesting.

When walking about studying cracks in the pavement, I've spotted newly installed 'community fibre' manhole covers in one particular spot, with no nearby neighbours I can see. So was wondering where that manhole connects and when the fibre eventually reaches down my way.

I think that map answers that, even though community fibre are not specifically on the map - the route is probably following vodaphone cable ducts?

More walking required :-)

About mobile phone masts

Ofcom used to have a sitefinder map service which gave basestation locations. It's now just a coverage map.

There is an Android app that has the details.

Adrian Caspersz

FWIW Just checked - it also works on a PC. Just create an account and login.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You don't even have to do that. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on your region, then on the town that's nearest to you, and voila!

I'm averse to creating accounts in anything other than absolute essentials!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Many thanks for the replies :-)

The French one shows red line going over my house, no wonder my brain feels woozy...

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

It only allows you a limited 10 actions, before demanding payment.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Those are licenced Microwave links some may terminate at mobile phone sites not all.

Cell mapper is the site you need IIRC..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Jeff Gaines <jgaines snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus

That won't do that, its incredibly weak!..

Reply to
tony sayer

How do you know his brain is weak? Bill

Reply to