How to make a Home made mobile phone bracket

I want to make a simple bracket, similar in shape to

I can buy acrylic sheets unless anyone has an idea of something I'm likely to find around the house. I've got some plastic rulers but they seem a bit stiff.

It's a one off so I'm not wanting to go to expense of heat guns, though hair dryers are available.

The idea is to slip it over the phone+case then use a standard car mobile phone holder to mount it in the car. As it is the folded back wallet cover of the case doesn't allow the phone holder to grip properly. The bracket therefore needs to have a bit of flexibility to enable the sides to be squeezed in a little when clamped in the phone holder.

Reply to
AnthonyL

gas hob? or lay the ruler/sheet over a former and heat in an oven?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've recently made something similar to hold the phone in the car and just glued-up a few pieces of MDF - quick, simple and free (they were off-cuts).

Reply to
nothanks

My problem with that is that the rest of the car is not a ' few pieces of MDF, glued-up'

Unless you covered it in leather...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher