mixer tap spout

You'll need to pull the spout off first, dry it and the bit it plugs into, and then apply the grease.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Don't try to tell me what is normal in a thread. Have you even tried a blast of WD 40?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes, and I've even said why that doesn't work

Reply to
stuart noble

I missed it. Take care :-)

Errrrr, you could always employ a plumber like I had to do with my 4 year old dripping kitchen tap. Bloody ceramic washers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Well, it's done. Boy those screwdriver bits are hard, so shortening them is not trivial. Tried the hacksaw but it would have taken all day. Managed to grind a couple of mm off and that was enough to get the screw started, then it was pliers and fingers. Used vaseline because I couldn't find the silicone spray. Moving a bit more freely now I think but I'm not sure about the white plastic washer at the top. It's not a full circle so it may be broken or it may be designed that way. I'm happy to leave well alone for now, and we'll see if her indoors notices the change. Thanks everybody.

Reply to
stuart noble

Now then, now then.

Reply to