Removing spout from Framke mixer tap

The spout of our Franke Zenith mixer tap is getting rather stiff to swivel,
Simple I thought, just unscrew the collar, lift it out and clean and grease the O-rings.
But lifting it out is a problem. It was quite a struggle to get it to move up at all, it's only come part way up and feels most reluctant to move any further.
The parts diagram at http://www.central-servicesuk.co.uk/shop/section.php?xSecw&xPage=1&jssCart efd1bb31fd15dd01f8f3c3b2bf834c <http://preview.tinyurl.com/orkujnn suggests it should be straightforward and there's no sign of any extra grub screw anywhere. Does anyone know if it's just a case of brute force or is there some secret knack?
--
Mike Clarke

http://www.south-services.co.uk/instructions/replace_orings_1.pdf
Hope this helps

Thanks, it confirms what I would have expected:
"Unscrew the retaining collar at the base of the spout.
Remove spout by turning and pulling from the body then remove old o-rings and replace with the new set."
Problem is that attempting to pull it from the body results in it coming to what feels like a very solid stop after about a quarter of an inch :-(
I suspect one of the O-rings is a bit mangled and jammed and will need much brute force. I think I'd better order up a new set of rings before I try that.
--
Mike Clarke

Probably jammed up with lime scale. Some vinegar might soften it a bit if repeatedly dosed over a few days.
replying to Mike Clarke, coaster steve wrote: Hi mike , Did you get a firm answer to your query on removing the franke mixer tap spout ?? we have exactly the same problem.