Mini mixer

Needed to mix a small amount of mortar today to do a repair, less than 2kg which would get lost in bucket. Couldn’t find a clean small container as the missus has used them all for plants but while looking found the Lidl bread maker which was awaiting a trip to the tip, functionally it still works but the paddles have started to stick on the shafts too often for my patience plus the shaft seals are shot Anyhow decided to give it a whirl and added some mortar mix and water and set it on Pizza setting so the motor kicked in straight away and let run for a few minutes.It did a lovely job, far smoother than I would have got with a stick and container. Cleaned up the pan under the outside tap and due to the non stick coating that was easily done. Machine has had reprieve .

GH

Reply to
Marland

Why not tell them and see if theywill give you a free one as it will increase sales as they can flog them as both things. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Marland snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.co.uk> writes

Marks awarded for re-purposing:-)

I use a straight sided plastic garden bucket 10L/2 gall. Mixed and stirred with a garden spade...

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Save yourself £500, use it as a kitchen waste composter

Andy Burns

I have used a paddle mixer and dril in a builders bucket....

SH