Tip: DIY cement mixing solution

I just found a great method of mixing small quantities of cement in the local B&Q; it's basically a large sheet of plastic (the same kind used for making Hippo bags) with a handle attached to each corner. You tip the mix into the middle, and two of you lift the handles in turn to mix.

I was looking to mix some small quanitities of mortar, and I was resigned to using a board and spade. This was a great find, dead easy to use - apologies if you've already seen it (I searched the group archive to see if I could see a mention!)

nutts

Reply to
Nutts

didn't the manager complain?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

LOL

Of course I found it in B&Q, I did the mixing in my toilet. Not *in* my toilet, I might add :)

nutts

Reply to
Nutts

I obtained a drum like the larger of the blue one here...

making small quantities of mortar or cement. I welded a shaft on the middle of both sides, made a metal cradle for the drum to sit on.

Tip the amount of sand and cement you require into the drum put the secured lid back on and then spun the drum by hand a few times, took the lid off then add water to mix,put lid back on and spun the drum again. A liitle ingenuity and a wheel can be attached to one of the shafts.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Now that sounds like a start to a new invention, you ought to call it a "Cement Mixer" !

;-^

Reply to
R obbo

Dang! I wanted to name it myself.

Yes, but I spent 2 hours putting it together and the bits cost me nothing.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In message , The3rd Earl Of Derby writes

I already have a mixer so a *small job* is something I can do in a plastic bucket stirred with a spade:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sounds more like a "Butter Churn" to me.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Give that man a cigar,yep thats the way its constructed.

p.s a tombola is more apt. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've seen something similar used as a non-powered washing machine for caravanners.

So now we have a cement mixer / butter churn / tombola / washing machine ...

Any more uses for this multifunctional appliance?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Child minder?