Hot Water Cylinder Problem

Hi All,

My hot water cylinder seems to be running out of puff. After an extended period of heating (when I would expect it to be full of piping water) either by the boiler or the immersion, it is only hot at the top and is progressively colder down the cylinder. It's an old tank so I'd expect a build up of scale by now but it suddenly seems to have got much worse. Is this time for a new cylinder or does anyone know some tricks?

Thanks,

Reply to
Endulini

You could try descaling it, but if it's that bad, then by the time you had bought the chemicals to descale it, you would have a substantial part of the cost of a new one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

maybe faulty thermostat. Multimeter onto the tthermostat to see whats happening, if youve got the skill necessary to do so safely.

faulty stat and constantly dribbling outlet are the only 2 things i can think of the 2 systems would share.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Scale on the immersion and on the coil?