Miele washing machines

Nope.

In this instance Reality kicks in. OP has already stated that he doesn't have space for 2 washing machines.

I'm sure your suggestion has been noted, however (it's been stated about 20 times in this thread alone). Leave it there. Move on.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And you don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Reply to
IMM

He does. He is keeping the old one.

It hasn't.

Are you buying another washing machine?

Reply to
IMM

"RichardS" wrote | "IMM" wrote | > But when they go down, which they do, you have no clean clothes. The all | > important "down time". Two mid priced machines also means a quicker wash, | > as twice the load, and not dragged out over days with washing ganging | > around the kitchen, etc. | I'm sure that 100% redundancy does produce zero downtime in this instance. | However.... | 1) I don't have room for 2 washing machines. Well, I do, but it's taken up | by a second fridge, which _is_ used daily.

Down time might be important for all these families with young children who seem to run the machine continuously. I don't know why, my mother hand washed all the clothes, and terry nappies, and held down a full time teaching job and did marking in the evening. Not that I'm suggesting drudgery is next to saintliness.

But don't most normal people have a week's supply of spare clothes anyway? Or a neighbour who would run a load through her/his machine? Or take a bagful to work and run it through with the office tea-towels.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"BigWallop" wrote | All I know is that I'm sticking with my 20 year old machine that has been | rebuilt twice since new. It has a new inner and outer drum, a new timer | module, new heater, new motor control board, new shock absorbers, has had | two changes of water inlet valves, all new thermostats, a new pressure | switch and attachments and a new front control knob when the original one | had its spline broken by the kids turning it back the wrong way and it | couldn't be glued.

Trying to remember the scaffie on ONly Fools and Horses who had a broom like that.

| Who am I kidding 20 years old. The only thing that's still original is the | casing and even that has had a new coat of paint.

I'd change those water hoses too. They're probably going to split soon :-)

| Still a washing machine is a washing machine and they all have interchan- | geable parts and are easily modified when you need them to be. :-))

And what have you modified yours to do? Bounce up and down on its little feet to the tune of Bonny Lass o' Fyvie on a 60deg Warm Whites cycle?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , IMM writes

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping wrecks off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

And if you read that bullshit they wrote the other day about digital radio you'll believe anything:-((..

Reply to
tony sayer

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

Reply to
IMM

The lastest tests.

What did they say?

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

Done by whom?..

Usual crap about CD quality...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , IMM writes

Actually I'll ask matey in the breakdown recovery bizz what his practical experiences are...

Reply to
tony sayer

Must be good, it's digital, and that's *always* better ;-) Claude Shannon, eat your heart out........

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

European something. All in the ST.

Reply to
IMM

Try this.

Capitol

There speaks one who's never owned one. Once you have you tend to be hooked.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The breakdown organisations data says differently.

Reply to
IMM

I've had three 5 Series in the past 10 or so years - an E28, 34 and now an E39. Only one ever broke down, and that was a faulty alternator at about

90,000 miles on the E34. And it only broke down because I kept going until the battery died as I was on my way to work.

My brother still has the E28, and is determined to run it past 250,000 miles.

Sure they all have niggles that can cause problems, but what car hasn't?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I won't disagree. I ran a 316 and a 318i for a total of 14 years. The latter was the most enjoyable car I've owned, but by far the least reliable, and it was serviced on the dot. Weakest point was the hydraulic clutch. Either cylinder would let go with little or no warning. Slave cylinder dumped fluid outside, master dumped it all over the drivers footwell. Average life of a pair was 3-4 years (and they had to be changed as a pair). The radiator gave out with a bang, likewise coolant hoses, alternator mounts, two fuel relays, battery earth mounting point (all around the

100-120K mark). And the clutch was replaced. A Cavalier I owned at the same time let me down once in 7 years when the camshaft snapped. Ran that to nearly 150K miles, on its original clutch.

I couldn't really recommend a 3-series, although to be fair they are now about 3 models further on.

Reply to
John Laird