Mav Wallcoverings Ltd

Has anyone used "Wallrock Fibreliner" from Mav Wallcoverings, please?

I have a settlement crack in a wall which I would prefer to wallpaper rather than paint. With seasonal movement, the crack opens and closes slightly, and inevitably a tear appears in the wallpaper.

Mav claim that their Wallrock Fibreliner is ideal for covering, amongst other things, "cracked plaster". I wonder if anyone has used the stuff and could comment on whether it would stand up to my settlement crack.

From a sample they sent me, it certainly seems incredibly tough.

Thanks

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Hi,

Sounds promising, if it's only a mm or two another way would be to chip the edges of the crack away to make it much wider, then fill with flexible acrylic decorators caulk, and paper over it.

If this can be done when the crack is at it's widest it's better, as both the caulk and wallpaper will be compressed slightly as the crack closes, instead of being pulled apart.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Pete,

Thanks for your suggestion. I think that your solution is going to be cheaper and quicker than papering a whole wall with the Fibreliner. Is there a brand-name I could quote to my diy store for decorators caulk, please? I'm just envisaging the blank looks...

Cheers

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Gordon wrote: Is there a brand-name I could quote to my diy store for decorators caulk, please? I'm just envisaging the blank looks... Flexible Polyfilla is one...

Reply to
Bruce

Just ask for decorators caulk, simple as that. There are many makes on the market including 'own brands'. It comes in a cartridge like silicon sealant. It is really cheap, around £1.00 a tube. I would be VERY surprised if you got blank looks from anybody, if you do you must be talking to the guy that is employed to restock the stripy paint and steam for the wallpaper strippers;-)

Take a look at

for a readily available product. It can be bought cheaper from the likes of Screwfix but you need to spend £45+ to get free delivery.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Hi,

Just a flexible acrylic sealant rather than filler in a tube, or silicone which nothing will stick to reliably. There are all different brands so they may not have a particular brand if you ask for it, though Unibond should make it.

Also make the seam fairly wide and line the bottom with some PVC tape, so any movement is taken up across it's width.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C