Has anyone used B&Q Carpet Underlays?

I'm getting carpetright to lay carpet on the 3 bedrooms, landing an

stairs. I'm going to do the underlay and grippers myself. I wa wondering if anyone has used B&Q 4 Star Light Wear under lay fo bedrooms ? Is it any good?

Thank

-- Paulm187

Reply to
Paulm187

Never used it, but for this size of job you could save yourself 100's of pounds by buying similar products elsewhere. Do a google on this group.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I have used some B&Q underlay in one of our bedrooms - not sure which one but I think it was the most expensive one they did at the time. I remember deciding to use it based on the fact that it was still cheaper than the second cheapest one that carpet right were trying to flog me with the carpet.

It seems fairly good, although it was only laid about 8 months ago. Still soft underfoot and everything, but I'm not convinced I would tell the difference anyway!

Reply to
Richard Conway

In message , Paulm187 writes

Hi,

Cant find it on the web site. How much is it per sq.m..

I buy Cloud 9 Cirrus or Cumulus, or Tredaire Softwalk or Dreamwalk for around £45 for 15sq. m. from suppliers on ebay. I think they also put their phone numbers on ebay, just in case you aren't an "ebayer"

Amongst others, Cloud 9 is a top quality product, which makes cheap carpet feel luxurious.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Try

- all the main brands/varieties and very cheap.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton