Fridge on underfloor heating

Our boiler-driven underfloor heating has been installed and commissioned. Now it's up to heat I can feel the floor is warm where I can reach beneath the fridge. The builder may not have left sufficient space between the pipes and area we suggested was going to have the fridge. Or he forgot entirely. Either way, I fear the fridge could be fighting a battle with the ufh.

Can anyone suggest a good way of insulating the base of the fridge from the heat? A platform could raise the fridge too high, but something that slips between the feet may not be efficient enough.

Reply to
t_hobden

How big is the gap. A slab of celotex/kingspan should be pretty good, or even polystyrene. A small platform of ply/celotex/ply could be good if you can lift it a bit. You wouldn't transmit much throught the plastic/metal legs alone/ Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just a thought. Check you don't block any ventilation holes. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The foil/foam designed to go behind radiators would seem ideal.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'd sort of thought along those lines but suspect this maybe little more than the fridge has already internally. My spot check analysis tells me that most times I go to the fridge the compressor's at work.

I'm intrigued by the Celotex idea mentioned earlier but will need to get home and check what space / ventilation I have beneath the fridge.

Reply to
t_hobden

It shouldnt be a problem. The open air gap down there will work fine. Dont block it, as air circulation is needed to cool the compressor and heat exchanger.

If your compressor runs a lot, its down to the fridge, not ufh. The base of the fridge is only a small percentage of the total case area. Unless the ufh is seriuosly hot you neednt worry.

NT

Reply to
meow2222