Masonry Paint

Opened a 5l tub of masonry paint and it's got lots of soft lumps of paint it it. The lumps don't brush out, they just sort of blob on the surface being painted. It's been opened a couple of years back. Is it salvageable - I could filter it perhaps?
Or if it's going the way of the tip, any recommendations (white, for some concrete lintels/sills and a garden wall) please?
--
Cheers, Rob

RJH wrote:

Got a mixing paddle for your drill?
On 12/07/2018 16:04, Andy Burns wrote:

Yes - I'll give that a go, thanks. And thanks for the brand tips downthread.
--
Cheers, Rob

On 12/07/18 15:04, RJH wrote:

Ive just repainted a 17 year old paint job in sandtex professional masonry paint. Mostly the stuff was still OK
Damned good paint.
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

I do wonder if the longevity depends a lot on if the property has been painted before. The original coat of paint is onto a rough surface which forms a good key. Subsequent coats will be onto old paint which will deteriorated over the years. I don't recall ever seeing anyone removing the old masonry paint, apart where it is obviously flaking off by itself, before repainting.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Thursday, 12 July 2018 15:04:07 UTC+1, RJH wrote:

Dulux sure lasts well. But their prices...
NT
The tip no longer will take paint. I know this to my cost. Brian
--
----- --
Brian Gaff wrote:

Free permit for 12 cans every 6 months here, or just tip in onto sheets of newspaper and leave it to dry in the sun
On Friday, 13 July 2018 11:33:51 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

or freecycle
On 13/07/2018 10:54, Brian Gaff wrote:

I at my local tip the other day and someone in earshot asked about paint.
Paint that has hardened in the tin = general rubbish bin at the tip. Tin of paint with a minor amount of liquid paint - general rubbish bin at the tip. Tin with significant amounts of paint = special bin at the tip - leave paint in the can with lid.
The tip staff are now very strict about what goes in the hardcore skips which is limited to ceramics (toilet systems/wall tiles) concrete and bricks. Cement (powder- bags of) not allowed nor is plaster from walls. The latter two are general rubbish. No plastic rubble sacks or empty cement/plaster bags being recycled for waste transportation are allowed in the skip.
Plaster board, new off-cuts or used, have a special recycling bin.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:54:43 +0100, "Brian Gaff"

That's odd. Recently took my 25 year collection of paint tins that might come in useful someday to the tip and left them in the box provided for that purpose. (But our LA isn't yet as draconian as a lot of them.)