Spraying textured masonry paint - possible?

Is it possible to apply textured masonry paint by spraying? Does anyone make a coarse enough nozzle for spray guns (would it even work?), or some other means of bulk application?

TIA

Reply to
Grunff

Check out a hire firm. I used some kind of airless sprayer (atomiser) a few years back. IIRC it was a right PITA, but maybe they've improved.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Funny you should mention them - I spoke to Earlex tech department earlier today, and they categorically stated that *none* of their products is suitable for spraying any kind of textured paint - because of the grit as you say. Shame.

Reply to
Grunff

When using hired spray equiptment ALWAYS strip the gun and clean it first. For that electric pump spray stuff clean the pipes too.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I messed up and one of the 5litre tins was fine textured .... it spluttered & spat, and wore a bloody big hole in the nozzle until I finally noticed the paint was wrong ! the tins look the same only small wording difference !

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes