masonry paint on wood

I'm just repainting a brick wall to a single storey extension that has a wooden barge board as a facing for the flat roof.

The paintwork of the woodwork is fair with some loose patches which will need priming. Rather than gloss them is there any good reason I should not carry the sandtex over onto the woodwork?

AJH

Reply to
news

Masonry paint is formulated for surfaces with no movement expected. Probably won't matter though

Reply to
stuart noble

I'll take that risk, I'm more worried about the effect on the wood, could it increase the chance of rot?

AJH

Reply to
news

It will probably crack and flake a bit. But then so will ordinary paint.

Reply to
newshound

gloss flexes with the wood, masonry isn't designed to. It will all need removing before painting over - go to poundland or something and get a bit of gloss white, you're just making work for yourself otherwise.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr