More Freedom of Panorama info

Yet another reason to vote "Out" of the EUSSR. It won't end here, there'll be yey more daft regulation. Notice how the Europhiles always go into denial when stuff like this comes up.

Reply to
harry

This will not actually happen though will it. it would be so so silly and the eu would be a laughing stock around thw world. I feel that maybe there has been a translation error here, reversing the actual proposal.

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

It's not even vaguely close to being something that might actually happen, and never was. It's part of one anti-copyright politician's attempt to discredit the whole concept of copyright. No more, no less.

Not quite that clear cut. Have a look at the countries which do and which don't already have something similar. It's a tiny minority which do. France and Italy don't have any FoP at all. The US covers buildings, but doesn't cover public artworks. Germany doesn't cover public interiors (probably the most common).

The countries which do have such a broad-reaching FoP as the UK are _minimal - UK, Ireland, India, Australia, New Zealand. And that's about it.

No, just the usual press hyperbole-on-a-mission.

Reply to
Adrian

The good thing about this is most will realise you normally post nonsense so guess this must be nonsense too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I hope it really is nonsense, and I don't see how they can enforce it anyway. But it's not a completely made up story.

The EU, the Gherkin and ?freedom of panorama?

How ?absurd? EU copyright law threatens to censor holiday snaps

Etaoin Shrdlu

And even wiki seem worried about it so its probably not 100% bull

CB

The 'Learn more' link on that page is more interesting than it at first looks. For example:

Which countries in the EU currently don't have Freedom of Panorama? Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, and Luxembourg.

Etaoin Shrdlu