Marginally d-i-y

Anyone used the set down at Stansted lately?

1st go round the exit gate took an age to authenticate my Trustcard:-(

2nd go around because some idiot left their mobile phone in the car and I had to take it back. Total refusal to deal with my card. Tried both systems, wave and pin number. Very content with 7 £1.00 coins once I had emptied my entire wardrobe!

Question for the team, which of the 3? buttons is the *enter* key? If it was ever green it is not now. The engraved heiroglyphs are meaningless to me.

For some Ryanair aircraft positioning reason, the return flight is to Luton so I will see what their buttons are like.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

rip off bastards

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message <JkZ55RAanW$ snipped-for-privacy@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>, Tim Lamb snipped-for-privacy@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> writes

Nosing round the London Luton site I spotted there is a *no return* within 4 hours limit on their set down/pick up area. Presumably to deter unofficial taxis. Perhaps I was lucky Stansted still took cash!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think that they could find a very annoyed driver if they ticketed someone who dropped off a traveller and then returned to pick them up because their flight was suddenly cancelled or drop off a traveller and family or friends to see them off and then returned to pick up the non-travellers.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I wasn't pleased! There was a button to call for assistance. I see Luton don't take cash.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Most airports have on-site parking with a bus that does the rounds. I have sometimes used these, after all they have no idea I have been dropped off and not using their parking facilities!

Reply to
Fredxx

Indeed.

The collection/drop off trick at Luton is to park at the nearby shopping centre. Walk to the rail station and get on the 10min. courtesy bus.

You can also use their mid term parking free for a short period.

There is *on airport* short term multistory parking for a fee.

In my limited experience, meet and greet, is a thing of the past. Mobile phones are essential as timings can be coordinated.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

So were to you park your car for free to be able to use this free bus service?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

For Stansted parking is free in Bishop's Stortford, and only a short walk to the first car park with a bus service. Some neighbourhoods there get upset and put notes on your car, but hey! A small price to pay.

Reply to
Fredxx

In Glasgow they park on Jims drive :-)

(which also happens to people who have empty drives near to commuter railway stations).

Reply to
Andrew

Ah - right. Never used Stanstead. At Gatwick the long term parking tends to be in the middle of nowhere. And wouldn't fancy leaving a car in the roads which access that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News