Making long, straight cuts (ripping)

What a dope - if you can't understand the language then no wonder you're so sensitive to *imagined slights*. Not *my* loss, matey. Still, you won't see this, so you'll proceed in ignorance forever. Good luck.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Use a saw board :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yep, I cut up all my 8x4 sheets using a saw-board and a circular saw. Can't think how I used to manage without one (actually I have several).

Reply to
Bob Martin

True, but what if the wood being ripped is fairly narrow? I've got some 3x1 to rip to 2x1 and am thinking about the best way to do it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In the absence of a table saw or thicknesser, one option is to clamp a wider board of the same tickness behind the one in question and use that to support the circular saw.

Reply to
Andy Hall