pine trim stain/natural

I have a room (white) with a new pine wood trim/surround. I would like to keep it natural looking but am worried if I use a clear satin/gloss varnish the wood will still look too new and untreated. That said I do not want to stain it a different shade but want it to look bright and real (without a false yellow or dark look). Any thoughts appreciated.
macson wrote:

Tea's quite good for just a hint of colour. Add a little washing soda, ammonia, or caustic soda for a stronger colour. You won't see the effect until you seal the surface, so try it out on a few offcuts.
macson wrote:

What on earth is *that*?
macson wrote:

"Danish Oil" ?