Crabtree electrical fittings...

I'm replacing all of my downstairs switches and sockets with teh fancy gunmetal onces from Screwfit (made by crabtree). The only problem until now was that while they do the slave telephone socket, they dont do master telephone sockets, and as out master socket is in a prominent position in the hall, it is going to look kind of odd. I figured I could but a blank plate fromthe fancy gunmetal range, and a regular master phone socket, and make something myself.

However, on removing one of the two ways light switches, (which I had ordered a 1g2w gunmetal replacement) I found that it has four terminals. Thinking about what the two-way wiring diagram looks like, it is now obious this is a Normally Open and a normall closed switch in one assembly to make a changeover arrangement. It now seems like 1g2w "intermediate" switches are available in the bog standard ranges, but not in the fancy gunmetal range. Arse.

I dont really want to remove this switch altogether, but I also dont want a white plastic one, as it'll spoil the look.

Screwfix dont sell intermediate switches in this range, but that doesnt mean crabtree dont make them. Problem is, I cant find any sensbile trace of crabtree on t'interne to follow up on...

Any ideas ? Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris Styles

Go to the Wylex etc site .at

are part of that group

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Thanks!

That was the magic rune I was after. Funny that Google didnt pull out the electrium website...

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris Styles

It did for me earlier when I was looking for Wylex's site

Stuart

Use the slave, but keep the master located somewhere out of sight. (you really ought to retain the surge arrestor and test resistor present in the real BT master - otherwise you could turn your metal secondary into what they call a PBX master (i.e. provides it's own ring line) by the addition of a 10uF bipolar electrolytic cap between pins 2 & 3 on the socket).

Gets messy but you could use an ordinary switch and a relay instead...

Reply to
John Rumm

you'll need the R too, else they'll send an engineer out to see whats wrong.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Have you looked at their slave socket? They often share the same PCB as a master but with the components not present. So should be possible to swop them from any other master.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tis what I said is it not?

(you also need the surge arrester unless you like buying new phones)

Reply to
John Rumm