Mahogany in Shower ?

Hi all. I don't know if its a good idea to use 3/8" thick mahogany timbers to form the panel around the thermo bar shower. Can it be made water resistant in the practical sense for this application?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

If it doesn't get direct spray and you can stop water (or condensation) running down the tiles and getting in the back, I think probably, for some value of practical.

The sort of waterproof coating used on pub bar counters springs to mind.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You could completely encapsulate the wood in a clear epoxy coating - the same way as it's done on yachts.

Have a look at West System products from yacht chandlers.

dom

The Permakote sounds ideal.

Thanks.

Arthur