Cultured Stone in Shower

Hi, I have a master bathroom that is totally black marquina marble (walls, floor). The shower is in the corner of the room and it consisted of a copper shower pan and threshold with a shower frame that goes up against the wall. So bascially the shower was the corner of the room.

I am replacing most of the shower due to water damage (shocking eh?) and the marble in the corner didn't hold up so well. My choices are to have the marble re-conditioned or to put up a new corner section in.

I ran across this pic and fell in love with the shower.

Now mine is not that big, its only 4x4 feet. but I love that cultured stone background (I think thats what that is). Has anyone done a shower with this for the walls?

Let me know if you have.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Stan Poliskey

Good luck cleaning that wall...............Yowch!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

That is quite beautiful but I think in a 4X4 space it might feel like a tomb?

Reply to
Betsy

It's bigger than my shower. Besides, look at all that glass! And you won't need any grab bars on the wall, either. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Go look up a few homes with older cultured marble vanity sinks. We all hate them. They are a bitch to keep clean and looking good.

Stay with ceramic tiles.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

One would have to use a pressure washer.

Reply to
John Harlow

I was thinking the same thing. Looks nice but it'll be a pain cleaning all that stone with soap scum and mold accumulating in all those cracks.

Looks nice dry. Make sure you take a look at one when its wet after somebody's taken the shower. It might not look as attractive with soap and shampoo oozing down the stones in between the cracks.

Also check the impact of hard water on it... whether it will stain and discolor easily.

Reply to
Jonny R

Go for a neo-angle shower. I have a Sterling (owned by Kohler) and it is just great and very easy to keep clean. Their web site has some nice pictures. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Reply to
Stu Pittasso

replying to Jonny R, Rellik wrote: Imagine somebody slipping and falling in the shower but I do love the design

Reply to
Rellik