shower wall height

Bathroom area is 7x8'. Planning to put in 3x4' tiled shower area in one corner. Will most likely use a Sloan AC-11 showerhead and/or handheld shower.

What is the lowest wall I could have? 48"? 54"? 60"? I want to keep bath area as open as possible. A shorter wall would help that perception.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

in one

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

i would go 6 foot, or use glass...

unless yoiu dont find over spray

Reply to
hallerb

I would go with glass block. In fact I did. My new shower install is scheduled to start Monday. I like the walk in ability and no door needed.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

That's just what I've been thinking. How tall are your walls? What size the shower? Where is placement of drain and showerhead?

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Which wall(s)? How tall are the people using it? Do you use the head pretty close to straight down or angled considerably?

The wall opposite the source could easily be 54", I'd think, with no spray directly from the shower head getting over it. If the people are tall there might be some bounce from them. I think that would be too low for the wall perpendicular to the source wall.

FWIW, my shower is 4'x5', Sloan head, the two partition walls are 68" as am I. There wouldn't be a problem if they were 60".

Reply to
dadiOH

if you have hard water, glass block is hard to keep free of mineral deposits. damhikt

sheet glass is preferable and easier to keep clean

Reply to
charlie

Proposed shower stall is 3x4'. Imagine points A, B, C, D. Line AB is 4' and a full floor to ceiling wall. Line BC is 3' and also floor to ceiling. Partitions would be of lines CD and DA. Showerhead to be mounted on BC. I would probably mount it at 74-78" above the floor. Using a Sloan AC-11 for the most part shooting out at a slight angle depending on user. On a good day, I'm 66".

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Great tip. Thanks. Will be installing a water softener. Was considering glass block but single pane of tempererd glass would be perfect and perhaps easier/cheaper to install.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

I like a shower curtain, clear or white to allow light through. Much easier to keep clean or replace, plus you have full access when the curtain is pulled back.

Reply to
Phisherman

The base I chose is 72x51. There are various sizes.

The height is dependent on the number of rows of glass block used.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You have a good point, but I life in a soft water area and using the shower spray stuff, should take care of anything I would likely get, at least it should IF the lady of the house can get the idea that you spray it on and leave it on after a shower and not use it like a cleaner. :-)

We will see in the coming weeks.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

ower install is

rea in

=BDI want to keep

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D Franz Fripplfrappl

=EF=BF=BDWhat size

with new construction make the lowest spot in the bath room the shower drain with no lip to get in.

this way all water drains back and its handicap accesible too.

Reply to
hallerb

This has crossed my mind. I'm working with existing construction. I saw a bath in Denmark that was about 6x10 with tiled floors/walls and a single floor drain with the shower off to one side. Nice arrangement.

Maybe this is the way to go, if I can only figure out how to get the right slope.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl
[snip]

When my glass shower door broke, I thought I'd use a curtain for awhile. I never replaced the door.

I put the screws (that had held the door on) back in the holes to keep water from leaking into the wall.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Ugh.

Forget tile. Get cultured granite or cultured marble walls. This is what I put into a small bathroom. It's so nice to not deal with cleaning tile.

I put in a corner (diagonal) shower area to save space.

I have both a regular shower head and a handheld shower plumbed in.

Why would you want low walls that would get all wet? I also hate really low shower heads.

Reply to
SMS