3 wall- Stud wall shower enclosure/ recess shower?

I'm having an extension built. As part of the extension I will need two shower enclosures, what I would like is a stone shower tray in a corner and a stud wall on the other edge. I'd have a shower rail with a curtain on the open edge.

I saw this in an old building though I think the outer edge was brick not stud. Is this possible? What materials would be needed for the walls bearing in mind I intend to tile the enclosure.

many thanks,

anon

Just a perfectly normal stud partition built with 3"x2" or 4"x2" timber as usual, but you'd be well advised to line the partition with Aquapanel (or similar) board rather than normal plasterboard on the shower side, due to it's water-resistant properties. Not a pre-requisite; plasterboard will work but just hope it never ever gets wet! Google the archives of this group for more info on Aquapanel - there's plenty.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Or use a Mermaid panel instead of your tiling and you can use plasterboard without worry.

Reply to
Mike

Or use WBP ply in place of the plasterboard, fit the tray, then expanded metal lath over the ply and render the walls down to the tray before tiling. That ought to waterproof the b.stard!

Reply to
John Rumm