looks like its nearly over

My dad was at home for a while but it was too much of a burden on mum so he went into a hospice for the last week or so. With hindsight it would have been better for him and Mum if he'd gone there earlier. When we start-out in life it feels like it will go on forever, but as time passes it all starts to feel ridiculously short. A peaceful end is all we can hope for and, when the time comes, I intend to ensure that happens. How about posting a link to a picture from happier times so you can be less anonymous?

Reply to
nothanks

Thanks for all your contributions here. If you do go, you'll be missed.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

You don't know me from Adam but I am sorry too (never want to see anyone who knows when <things> will happen).

Maybe not applicable to your situation, but I had wife at home she was quickly getting less and less mobile, she was at the having to be helped (more or less carried towards the end)from bed the whole four feet to the commode then I had to wipe her ar**, not at all dignified .

She was taken (sent by doc) into hospital as it was effecting my health as well (no spring chicken and wife was 23 stone )and as they have the equipment .

Unfortunately she passed without ever coming home again .

Part of me thinks maybe I should have taken her home but then the other half thinks 'you would never have coped' nor, realistically, would she.

Reply to
soup

I am saying nothing.

Reply to
ARW

Well in our mob that was the case also, once even with my ex wife who at

44 years old developed quite bad breast cancer that spread to the liver and was told around a year ago to "put your affairs in order " you only have a short time to go. Then they said we want to experiment on you step into this nuclear reactor, (well that was how i was told it! All this over in France.

Been fine ever since only needs to for an annual check-up:)

That was the success story the others, well..

Theres a place near us here the Arthur Rank hospice, lovely place just near the Gog Magog hills and the East Anglian Hospice for children at Milton.

It is all rather grim my daughter used to work in a retirement home but couldn't cope now she does home visits looking after people in their own homes but has to do some things like bathing and washing peeps and tolileting them etc some demented some really ought to be somewhere safer but don't want to leave home.

And Dennis. I remember you mentioned this would happen sometime ago and now, bloody brave of you to tell us!.

Hope it goes as well as it can be!

Reply to
tony sayer