looks like its nearly over

in qe, asked if I want to go home or into hospis.

Reply to
dennis

:( Can you access internet in hospice?

Reply to
Richard

Sorry to hear that Dennis, what did you decide?

Reply to
Andy Burns

SHIT! I'm so sorry. My wife died in the hospice. She got better care than I could give her.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In message <fzORF.3993$ snipped-for-privacy@fx35.iad, "dennis@home" snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

Very sorry to read that Dennis.

My mother had terminal cancer. Towards the end, she came to stay with us. After a private discussion, her doctor arranged a Macmillan nurse to do the overnight bit.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My wife was offered this, but was too far gone. I will spare you the details. She welcomed the Hospice. The doctors etc were magnificent.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

wife wants me home and I want to be home thet getting a bed, etc. in asap.

Reply to
dennis

All the best to you, Dennis.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sh1t. ;-(

Stepdaughter (39) started off in her own home with a supplied air-mattress bed and us getting her an electric reclining chair etc but after a few days asked if she could go to the hospice.

We were lucky to be able to get her into the Isabel Hospice at WGC and we couldn't have asked more of it (the facilities) and them (the staff).

Our daughter and stepdaughters daughter were able to stay with her

24/7 for the final couple of weeks and that helped tremendously. [1]

All the best mate ...

T i m

[1] The flip side to that was they were able to stay (in the same room) because they didn't have sufficient medical staff to 'man' all the beds. I believe they also had a couple of family accommodation rooms though.
Reply to
T i m

Bugger.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am so sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Fredxx

So sorry to hear that Dennis.

For what it is worth, I have never heard a bad word about a Hospice. They did a great job for my brother's wife, and more recently for a young cousin of mine.

Reply to
newshound

Sorry to hear it Dennis. Thanks for letting us know.

Reply to
harry

In message <fzORF.3993$ snipped-for-privacy@fx35.iad, "dennis@home" snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

So very sorry, Dennis.

Reply to
Graeme

I am so sorry to hear that, Dennis. You will be sadly missed. I wish you a peaceful passing away.

Reply to
GB

Sorry to hear that, not a good choice to have to make... What do you think you are going to do?

Reply to
John Rumm

Not poutting too fine a point on it, having been nearly there myself, I would say Dennis is going to die.

I hope he finds peace before he does

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Everyone is going to die.

Reply to
Ray

But mostly not just yet

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For what it may be worth. My dad went into a hospice and came out like a new man. It is NOT always a one way street. Best wishes to Dennis.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire