Looking forward to these customers

I was working in Relate last week. I was offered a brew and said "tea please" but was then given coffee. I pointed then out that is how couples start arguing.

Reply to
ARW

Hopefully as an electrician :-)

It's not the coffee instead of tea, it's the *not listening*

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I had neighbours like that a long time ago. He probably just about knew which end of a screwdriver to hold but couldn't put a nut on a bolt. Absolutely hopeless he was but she was reasonably practical.

Reply to
Old Codger

Funny if she turned out to be Sarah Beeny...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Lady?

Did she then give you a leaflet saying "99% of arguments start when the man talks back" :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Or Her Maj .... (watch out for the asbestos at Buck House).

Reply to
Andrew

I would say that Relate is 70% women in that office.

Reply to
ARW

They hear quite clearly, but like alpha dogs try to assert who is boss.

Reply to
Andrew

Do their comfort pets make up the other 30%, or are they 'don't knows' ?

Reply to
Andrew

Well she was not Sarah Beeny. But she was good at DIY/demolition/sweeping up etc[1].

I met her at 8am yesterday morning, had a chat about where sockets, lights etc were going and by dinner time she had demolished the fireplace, ripped out half the kitchen as well as sweeping up the mess I made chiselling out the walls for the cables and back boxes. Her other half arrived at 1pm after finishing work and ripped out the bathroom.

Her Dad has taught her well. She was definitely more clued up than her partner.

[1] Although it probably was not a good idea to remove a piece of plywood blocking off a chimney breast to see what was behind it whilst looking up at the plywood. I could have told her that it would be soot.
Reply to
ARW

Crumbs, she's a go-er.

Might have been her mother :-)

But then there wouldn't have been any excuse for her to take all her clothes off and jump in the shower.

Or does that only happen in videos.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Definitely her Dad. He is some sort of handyman in the Medway area.

He will be driving up next week to fit the kitchen.

Reply to
ARW

The Medway Highwayman?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Was this the daughter expert in using a power tool to go straight into a bloke's bone marrow?

Reply to
Robin

And the doorbell?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

...and a paramedic?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Just what I was wondering or does he have more than one daughter?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Dave has two daughters. However this job was for the one that is the paramedic.

She has moved up North to be with the love of her life and they got the keys to their new house on Friday at 3.45pm. It needed a rewire and at

67 miles from me it was well within striking range for me to do the job.
Reply to
ARW

not to mention the affordable house prices :-)

That's nice.

At first I thought you were joking about TMH!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog