Long narrow bathroom with high ceiling - possible lowering of ceiling

I've got a flat in an old Victorian building and the bathroom's proportions are troubling me. It's got a ceiling that's 3 metres high and the room is not much more than the width of a bath plus a wash basin. The length of the room is about that of a bath plus a metre.
It has two big windows down one of the long sides and although nice and lig ht it feels very cold and far too high for its size. I'm considering loweri ng the ceiling.
I did this in my previous place but more for the purposes of putting in som e recessed lights and covering the fact that it used to be two rooms, I onl y lost about six inches of room height in that case. It was done with a woo den framework and plasterboard which I had skimmed.
In the latest case, I need to lose more like 600mm of height and I'm wonder ing if I should just do the same thing or does anyone have any other ideas?
One issue is that the two large windows go up quite high and I'd need to ha ve some kind of sloped arrangement where my new ceiling meets the window re veals (and the walls are 22 inches thick!)
On Friday, 7 April 2017 20:11:20 UTC+1, Murmansk wrote:

ns are troubling me. It's got a ceiling that's 3 metres high and the room i s not much more than the width of a bath plus a wash basin. The length of t he room is about that of a bath plus a metre.

ight it feels very cold and far too high for its size. I'm considering lowe ring the ceiling.

ome recessed lights and covering the fact that it used to be two rooms, I o nly lost about six inches of room height in that case. It was done with a w ooden framework and plasterboard which I had skimmed.

ering if I should just do the same thing or does anyone have any other idea s?
afaik it's either wood or metal frame

have some kind of sloped arrangement where my new ceiling meets the window reveals (and the walls are 22 inches thick!)
gonna look crap.
NT
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:11:18 -0700 (PDT), Murmansk

Seems a shame to waste what could be storage space which in flats is normally at a premium. Could you do some mezzanine like arrangement leaving access at one end. Fix some rungs or a small wooden ladder onto the wall for access which could double up as towel hangers. Using reasonable quality storage boxes like the Really Useful range you would have quite a few litres of storage.
G.Harman
On 07/04/2017 20:11, Murmansk wrote:

I've just done a suspended ceiling and found it extremely easy, much to my surprise.
You can do sloping bits for windows.
Bill
On Friday, 7 April 2017 20:11:20 UTC+1, Murmansk wrote:

You might only have to go up or down to where there is an existing horizontal division in the window (sash windows?)
If you are going to have an inset into the ceiling to go up to full window height consider fitting rope operators to the upper sash to make opening it easier.
https://www.mightonproducts.com/cambridge-meakins-fastener
Owain