Latest home improvement craze

John Stumbles

> ;-)

Arabella Fortescue :D

Reply to
brass monkey

it's high time we reinstated traditional hardboard panels over those dreadful paneled doors, too.

Reply to
Lobster

hope they don't comply with part L, after all they need to be draughty and uninsulated with frozen pipes. Can you still get the old cable for the wiring? lead pipes? galvanised steel tanks complete with dead birds? If you want a museum then at least do it properly.

Reply to
dennis

So what would you charge to rip out a bathroom and install an outside lav:-)?

-- Adam

Reply to
Adam Wadsworth

Estate Agent: "Easy to clean toilet - simply hoses out"

Reply to
Tim Watts

Leaky roof.. "wet room".

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adam Wadsworth saying something like:

An instant extra bedroom, in these crowded times. Result!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We had outside toilets when I was a kid. You got a blue ring round your arse.

You could also read your arse from the newsprint which came off the newspaper hanging on the nail.

Reply to
brass monkey

British DIY awards started and then left for months ;-)

Adam Aglionby

>And it's high time we reinstated traditional hardboard panels over those

And boxed staircases in as well. Long live hardboard!

Reply to
Ericp

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "brass monkey" saying something like:

Only in those posh houses with mirrors. Everybody else had to get somebody else to read their arse for them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thus spake harry ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Luxury! We used to have to piss out o't back door, and then only when't wind were in't right direction!

Reply to
A.Clews

Aww. I've just thrown away a load of cotton-covered rubber...

;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Someone might have wanted that. "Yes Mr McBCO, the wiring really is older than my house"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I knew someone whose bedroom in a student house had previously been a bathroom. The landlord had left the sink (which I suppose is not totally unheard of in a bedroom) but also the frosted window and a pair of plugged pipes out the wall which I assume once fed a shower valve.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon