sockets over bevelled edge brick tiles

Thinking of using those bevelled edge brick style tiles, 100 x 200mm. I know they are all the rage but I think they look good and expensive. Probably white with grey grout. I think the bevel is usually a good few millimetres deep. Sockets are just a bit too small to totally fit within the space of one tile, so I wont even try that. If I fit the sockets over the tile edges, I'm sure the regs really require the gap caused by the bevel under the socket faceplate to be filled in. What is the usual approach here ? I usually end up with the back boxes a bit back from the faceplate, since you never know what the exact finished depth will be. What to fill the under the sides of the faceplate with ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If you mean on the front of the tiles, grout. If you mean behind them, nothing.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I mean the front of the tiles. I'll just clarify in case it was not clear. I mean if you fix a socket faceplate such that a join between two bevel edged tiles is under one edge of the faceplate and the back box is set back a little way, there will be a triangular recess under the faceplate where you could push in a metal wire, meat skewer etc. And just possibly touch a live part (a fixing screw etc). Is just shoving a load of grout or some silicone into this hole acceptable ? Although I guess the best idea is to set the backbox at exactly the correct depth so there is no gapi, i.e. not permanently fix it until the second fix. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

You'll get this to a lesser extend where any socket bridges tiles. Just grout it in the normal way

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just fill the gap with grout.

-- Adam