Where to buy electronic ballast?

(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money ( er 1500mm?) slimline tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a replacement for less than the £20 or so a whole fitting (with tube) would cost at B&Q!?

Reply to
John Stumbles

Seem to be lots of them on ebay. I guess job leftovers. Usually going for 5 to 10 quid. I've bought several Tridonic electronic ballasts this way.

Reply to
dom

Yes, I buy most of mine from eBay, and build up a small stock when I see good offers, for use in lights I build. I don't buy T8 ones though (mostly built lights using T5 and 2D tubes).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Peter Andrews

be able to find some for around a quarter of those prices. Actually, I suspect you can buy a whole fitting and tube and electronic ballast for those prices.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Yup, I bought an 2x5ft tubes IP65 fitting with electronic ballast recently from a local branch of an Internet stockist (QVS) for £25 ish iirc . I think they had ballasts for around a £5

Reply to
chris French