Large shed design plans anyone?

Hi, I'm out to build a large wooden shed this year. Does anyone have any useful links for me to take a browse at regarding the actual frame design?

I'm not a chippy by trade, but am looking for a few pointers on the correct way to design the frame (so it doesn't go all rhombic on me!).

I'm going for a flat felt roof with an incline to allow water to roll off. It's the frame that is my concern. Something that won't distort in high winds, etc.

I've looked at books but they're all about advanced timber construction - I'm looking for simple foolproof designs that are guaranteed to work!

Cheers!!

RD

Reply to
rig doc

Any use:

was what I drew for my one. In reality I built it with less diagonal members than shown in the plans. In reality I could have done it without any since it was clad on both sides of the studwork, and that added plenty of torsional rigidity anyway.

Result is still there years later and very solid:

John Rumm

Wow John, that's great!!!! I'm printing it off now.

Cheers!!!

Reply to
<rig doc>