Asbestos Roof Sheet disposal - Bucks area

Hi,

Fairly specific question this but here goes. My mother is trying to have her ancient garage replaced. As usual the roof is the white coloured, corrugated asbestos sheet stuff.

There are 12 8"x3" sheets which aren't damaged significantly. (The roof leaks badly because of incorrect fall gradient etc.)

Her local council Bucks CC have a sight in Amersham that will take 4 sheets, but the officious bod at their office said that 12 was a commercial amount and it was 4 sheets per year!!!!

Does anyone know of a decent skip firm in the High Wycombe area that will take this stuff. So far Biffa have quoted =A31000!!!!! talk about encouraging unsafe tipping methods.

There appears also to be a landfill site in Gerrards Cross (Gerrards Cross Waste Disposal LTD) that accepts asbestos but I can't find a working telephone number for them or whether they will accept household asbestos waste. Has anyone used them.

TIA Graham

Reply to
gvmead

If you can find 2 other people then you can each dispose of 4 sheets!!!!

Reply to
AlanC

Take them 4 sheets at a time, then, or contact them again and tell them that it's hosehold detritus as you're doing the job. The "tidy tip" *should* take it - it is not commercial waste, after all. You may need to talk to someone else, or try someone at the actual tip (or preferably another one first!). Another option is to trailer the stuff to a couple of other tips.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

its going to go in landfill however it gets there, does seem silly.

fwiw corru sheets stack well, so they can probably sit around till another 4 go if needed.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Does anyone know of a decent skip firm in the High Wycombe area that will take this stuff. So far Biffa have quoted £1000!!!!! talk about encouraging unsafe tipping methods.

There appears also to be a landfill site in Gerrards Cross (Gerrards Cross Waste Disposal LTD) that accepts asbestos but I can't find a working telephone number for them or whether they will accept household asbestos waste. Has anyone used them.

have your tried the Aylesbury Tip off Rabans Lane - I'm pretty sure they have a large special asbestos container.

Reply to
Buzby

Another thing that's worthwhile is to find out whether there's space in their skip - if not, you'll have to take your stuff back home! Generally best to go there and ask when their skips are changed.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Thanks for the Tips (sic) chaps, I'll try the suggestions, worst case scenario it'll take 3 years to get rid of it!! :-)

Reply to
gvmead

Aylesbury take asbestos.....

[...]

rig doc

Hi, Do you have any sheets totally intact? What is the spacing of the humps and troughs of this sheeting? I'm after a couple of sheets (I have a crack in my garage roof), and there's nowt you can do with asbestos - can't fill it, glue it, paint it. A replacement sheet or two would be great. I'm not too far from Aylesbury.....