Keyless Entry - security

In message , Huge writes

Me too and my wife says I am on the purple side of blue:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Is it time to dig out my No2ID T-shirt again?

Reply to
Huge

How are you going to get the photo verified if you don't have a tame vicar?

Reply to
Max Demian

Another one of the 17,262,326 ways that ID cards are a stupid idea.

Reply to
Huge

So was mine. Give it a few years. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And I'd rather have a low oil level warning on the dash - even if it has a dipstick too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. Nothing to hide- unlike so many Tories.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I know a Canon! And I went to dinner with an Archbishop of Canterbury once...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'd take my chances over losing a wallet or being pick pocketed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have lived in two countries with ID cards - Japan and Belgium. They work perfectly well although you have to carry them they are seldom needed unless you are doing something that requires checking ID or get yourself arrested. In the latter case failing to carry ID is added to the list of charges if you do not produce the card when arrested.

It is a lot easier than having to take fingerprints of suspects on the spot (my Japanese ID card had my fingerprint on it - and you should see the Americans squeal about having their fingerprints taken for the ID card). It is done with invisible UV ink to avoid giving offence.

What about the list A list B crap that UK banks use as "proof of ID"?

It is trivial to forge a utility bill and most are now online only so come as a poxy JPG in a PDF - you can fake one in minutes. The only people who are inconvenienced by banks wanting proof of ID are genuine customers. Money launderers know exactly where to go to get adequately forged documents to meet their needs and banks are happy to accept them.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Christ on a bicycle. By going down in person. Even staff at council offices ought to be able to look at you, look at the photo, and agree these are the same person. They're only going to make you such a card if you're on the electoral register, so bringing up your details and scanning the photo to go on the card should be the work of a moment.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And if they require ID before they'll *put* you on the electoral register?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Exactly at last you';ve got it well done.

2+2 means phrase If you put two and two together, you work out the truth about something for yourself, by using the information that is available to you. IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

to make an inference from available evidence, esp an obvious inference IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

to reach an obvious conclusion by considering several facts together IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

They must have heard about the plane crash and put two and two together. The Sun (2015) IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

They might get suspicious and put two and two together. Times, Sunday Times (2013) IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

My girlfriend had phoned her looking for me and she had put two and two together. The Sun (2014) IT DOES NOT REFER TO THE NUMBER 4

It really is that simple 2+2 is NOT a mathermatical expression or formule It is meaqnt to convey something that shouyld be obvious to someone that can think for themselves. In each of the cases abiove the result IS NOT 4.

Reply to
whisky-dave

But they don't. The card is as id when voting and for any other purpose you need it for.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Also said well noted but yuo can;t even you don;lt know who you voted for and I've no idea whether the penis drawer wanted to vote leave or remain and neither do you. If someone leaves the form blank do you class that as a vote. If someone marks a cross in both boxes is that a vote. if someone wipes their arse on the paper is that a vote.

2+2

That golf ball is gettign really close.

So did they vote or not ?

No ones really interested in who we didnlt vote for the idea is to count the number of votes and see who gets the most.

meaningless and Irrelivant, especailly when you claim that a NOTA is meant to mean something. Just suppose the vote counted was 10% remain 10% leave and 40% put NOTA . Would that have changed the status quo ?

It's NOTA or a penisdrawing a vote YES or No ?

So. there was no box on the paper about changing the status quo.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I never have carried a wallet every day. I only take it when I know it will be needed. And I've never lost one - unlike pals who always carry one.

Never quite understood the need to carry all your credit cards etc at all times.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm really not sure why people are so against identity cards. But are happy enough to have to use other means when needed (or do without the service that needs proof of identity - unlikely). As has been stated, not everyone had a driving licence etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep couldn't be any clear that you don't think 4.

That's why the question of how many quarters do you need to make a whole the answer is NOT "put two and two together ...."

Reply to
whisky-dave

you refering to Wodney ? (OFAH)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Orwell, 1984?

Post WW2 reaction to identity carrying required by occupation forces?

Reply to
Tim Lamb