Keyless Entry - security

I can believe it.

Is that the same as The Co-op?

There is no 'maybe' mate.

After misunderstanding them, intentionally or otherwise.

'Making stuff up' more like.

No.

You have been doing it from the beginning mate:

"> And a classic example of dave adding 2+2 and coming up with 54.

2+2 is 22 f****it not 54 or 4 "

See, arguing maths when it's not maths and never has been.

Reply to
T i m

I never said that, what I saodmwas you canlt count who they vote for if they don;t vote, there;s a differnce.

No I didn't say they had a machine but they knew how to make one, just like we know how to make one today, very basic stuff a hole with a light shinnning through it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

"J1MBO ..." wrote in news:jx08C.433351$pP1.409150 @fx21.am4:

We can easily have our heads in the sand and be "technology denyers". The bloke in the video would be happier with contact points and a carbureter. Many changes are done for reasons of cost and producability. Today's cars are fantastic - but you need to accept a different approach to servicing and life.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yes I know and to me going to lunch the co-op is the shop 5 mins from here. I dont; care what it means to others, but if I say meet me in the co-op I might have to be a little more precise.

For me 2+2 isn't automatically 4 niether is 2x2 and 4x4 doesn't equate to 16 either.

121 can be a dating sight or 11x11=121.

So you are agreeing with me in that a couple of characters in a line can mean differnt things to differnt people most of us have changed what we think LOL means. This is especailly important when voting and I'm not sure what anyone that states "none of the above on" aballot paper is voting for is it to leave or remain because those are the two options. It's only slightly more informative than someone that doesn't vote in that at least we know the person was alive at that time.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Other than cost, and what personal information will be stored and whether someone stealing that card can have/claim you're identity .

They could be useful for everything, from proving you can buy beer to being able to vote to proving a person is above the age of consent or to get you in to a 18+ film.

we could in theory have one card that can do all that. We don;t even need a card have a chip put under the skin, if it can be made programable.... Of course there's always the risk of hacking but then there's always been a risk of stealing a persons passport.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The Railcard people don't tell you.

Reply to
Bob Eager

AFAIK they are daily caps on both.

Reply to
Bob Eager

he is a great mechanic and doesn't like modern unnecessary complications for the sake of it and I agree with everything he says in his videos .....I see you haven't kept up with modern spelling...tee hee

and I suppose you would be happy with no dip sticks ...?

J1MBO ...

Feature creep.

How long after they issued them, do you think it might take before it would be a requirement to carry it at all times?

Reply to
Andy Burns

"J1MBO ..." wrote in news:6j38C.432767$9X4.425395 @fx02.am4:

I know several younger people who really won't think to check the dipstick

- or tyre pressures or much else. The expectation is that the car keeps going. Not my way - I am from the top up the dashpot era - but the average motorist is changing.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

don't

We know, but for most normal people, sticking to the conventions is how people effectively and efficiently communicate.

Or any instance when communicating with people for any reason, if good communication (rather than just say trolling) was important.

We know.

"You can trust dave to take two and two and come up with "

That is wholly and entirely *your problem* mate.

All the best from the real world.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

What's this, a glimmer of actually wanting to understand why you stand alone as the troll here by not understanding the *phrase / saying* (not sum)?

I'll post you this link in the (vain) hope you will learn something, particularly how to communicate with the ROTW.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Nope. You also said you can't count who didn't vote. You really aught to think before you type and then you wouldn't have to keep digging yourself out of these huge holes.

I never, ever, said you *could* count who someone who didn't vote or who spoiled their paper would have voted FOR, had they voted. All I have ever said is that you know what they DIDN'T vote for, especially when there was only one outcome that would change the status quo (like the EU referendum and not like the local or general elections).

Whoosh ('count the absence of something (paper or card)'. Really, I don't think I could have made it any clearer).

Unlike actually measuring the *fact* that only ~1/3rd of the electorate voted *to change the status quo*, for example.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You use a dipstick to check how much fuel you have left? No? Why for oil, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Me neither.

Yup. As long as it *was* accepted for all such needs.

Old, paper, no photo. ;-(

Nope.

Nope.

Not any more.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

yes I agree and that goes for voting too. Not voting for X or Y by not voting .....

So google it. for some 2+2 doesn't mean 4 it is how a car is designed for 1 driver and 3 passengers.

I kn ow you don't believe that 2+2 can only mean one thing, but that is NOT what I believe. A we know that for you 4x4 is 16

Reply to
whisky-dave

What would be the problem with that? Having to carry ID isn't a problem, who has the right to see it is. If you can't provide ID the police can arrest you until you do provide ID if they need/want to.

Reply to
dennis

A lot of modern cars don't have a dipstick.

Reply to
Huge

That's because you're a lefty.

Reply to
Huge

"And a classic example of dave adding 2+2 and coming up with 54"

It's not just the 2+2 bit you keep trying to quote, *it's the whole phrase*. (and in many cases people only use the first half these days, eg,

" dave couldn't put two and two together ...."

Couldn't be any clearer. Couldn't be any more factual. Couldn't be any more applicable to you.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m