Invensys Wireless Thermostats

I have a central heating system fitted by British Gas which uses the British Gas WR1 and RC2 units. The RC2 is a pretty limited unit in that it is only a 24 hour programmer and I've lived with it for two years.

However I'd really like to put in a 7 day timer so that the heating doesn't kick in at 5am on the weekend and turn itself off before we get up ;)

I can't find any sign of thermostats on the British Gas website, so I did some searching on the net and found the Invensys range of products.

These look identical to the British Gas products and I suspect they re just rebadged.

If this is the case can I simply buy an Invensys 7 day wireless thermostat and drop it in to the system in place of the British Gas version?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Atty

You can come round and look at my Drayton RF3i if you like. You know where I live!

IIRC you've got a separate receiver box on the wall with a little flashing led on it? If so, you can replace that with the receiver from any other (they just need mains in, and have an isolated switched output).

Reply to
Nick Atty

Yes but if I can just replace the thermostat with a better one that works with the existing receiver then it saves me pulling things to bits. Having said that I need to move the receiver anyway as the idiots who fitted my system put it in a very odd position.

Reply to
Steve Atty

If you buy some newt invensys wireless controls you may have to upgrade the receiver anyway as they've changed something (the frequency?) about the way they communicate from older models.

Also, you may not want to move the receiver. They can be very picky about where they are placed.

Rob

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers