WR1 wireless thermostat upgrade

I have a WR1 wireless thermostat, it's fine but doesn't control the timing. The central heating has a programmable timer, it's fine but doesn't control the temperature. These are in different places.

I want the house to not freeze while we're on holiday, and to warm up before we return. It seems the obvious way would be to replace the thermostat with something programmable. Is there such a thing which is compatible with the receiver? I don't want remote controlled internet stuff.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Clive Arthur snipped-for-privacy@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote in news:qqbqjq$vch$1@dont- email.me:

It's a rebadged Drayton Digistat

Reply to
John

Clive Arthur snipped-for-privacy@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote in news:qqbqjq$vch$1@dont- email.me:

Your approach is good - I have one with "Holiday Mode" - Set number of days on holiday and min temp for house (default is 7 - I set it to 17!)

Reply to
John

You have not mentioned what type of boiler it is (i.e. combi or not). If its a combi, then a programmable stat will do what you want. They normally let you specify a number of time zones, and then usually a target temperature for each - so they replace the function of both programmer and stat.

If you also have a hot water cylinder however, you may still need the programmer to schedule heating periods for that.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's not a combi, it's a pressurised hot water system, but that makes no difference really, it's the same type of controller.

The only one I've seen so far has a repeating weekly cycle, so no good for a longer absence.

Hot water can stay off, it heats up fairly quickly with our 32kW boiler, but the house doesn't.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Is that a British Gas RC Plus? If so, looks like that would do it.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Clive Arthur snipped-for-privacy@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote in news:qqc9p2$1cg$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Check out Drayton Digistat - and ask the makers if they are compatable with the receiver of the WR1

Reply to
John