Domestic electric room heater thermostat.

Hello all. Can anyone recommend (and provide source/s of supply) a _good quality_ domestic thermostat to control (up to 3 kilowatts) room heaters. I have 2 Winterwarm/Timeguard ET05/ET05W digital thermostats which are unreliable, and which I believe to be "crap". Their electric 7 day analogue switches are also "crap", and I would welcome suggested alternative ones.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

If the operating noise is acceptable, a central heating thermostat in a thermally convenient place, and a contactor (relay) in an electrically convenient place. With a wireless stat you wouldn't need wires between the two.

A programmable thermostat could also give you time control.

I don't want to be a Dribble always quoting from my favourite catalogue, but having got the Elkay literature to assist Mr Sirrett with his stair lighting conundrum, and subsequently found it helpful for Mr Hall's cloakroom PIR, it occurs that their 900 thermostat control with touch activated temp boost timer might be useful. Like a programmable stat it has a setback temp 5-19C and a boost temp 16-25C. Unlike most programmable stats it doesn't have a clock timer; the changeover from setback to boost is by push-button with for a pre-set time of up to 2 hours. Recommended for hotels, student accommodation, offices(, and might also be suitable for teenagers' bedrooms). Someone a while back also had a query regarding church office heating.

LEDs for heating operated and boost operated; 16A/3800W resistice, 7A incandescent, 6A fluorescent load.

They have a similar unit where boots timing is triggered by PIR.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thank you, Owain. I will investigate your offering.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE