installing a thermostat for a construction heater

Hi,
I have just recently installed wiring for a 250v construction heater and want to put a thermostat on it.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do, and can I use an old furnace thermostat to run it?
Thanks,
Gerry
(BTW, thanks for the info I got for wiring the heater. It works great)
gerryincanada wrote:

Hi, Oh, no. You need a line voltage thermostat with 250V rating. Something like used on baseboard heaters. Check the Honeywell web site.

Any hardware or DIY box store will have lots of choices. They're cheap. Typically < $15.
Construction heaters usually have thermostats on them, but they're not very accurate/settable.
I have two 4800W cube heaters for heating up my garage in the winter. "Proper" thermostats would be nice in order to set a specific air temp, but I've found that the built-in ones are good enough to avoid getting off my butt and spend a few bucks to install "real" ones.
--
Chris Lewis,