Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath

Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath open original image
Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath open original image
Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath open original image
Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath open original image

I am looking for a like for like replacement for my 20 year old integrated dishwasher. However, my setup might not be normal as I don't have a full height door attached to my current fully integrated unit. The pictures attached might better show the current setup. My other unites have a door height of 76cm. My current integrated dishwasher has a fixed door hinge, the door height is 68cm, there is also a fixed panel underneath (8cm) add to meet the bottom of the other units. I also then have a kickboard (8cm)

Will I be able to get any new integrated dishwasher to fit? I was thinking of getting MIELE G 5072 SCVi

Reply to
Mara

Mara snipped-for-privacy@example.com wrote in news:16856e15c8384245$1$1381457$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com:

Make life easy and get a free standing model. Wider choice - lower price - less hassle

Reply to
JohnP

Miele had some strange ideas of integrated dishwashers.

How far is the door off the ground? It looks a lot like a regular integrated dishwasher but with that 8cm bit fixed where the plinth would go. Perhaps a regular integrated unit would fit, where you'd make up a wooden 'plinth' including that 8cm bit of fascia with your actual kickboard piece underneath.

Or, depending on clearances, you could fix the door and fascia piece together to make a taller door.

I would look for drawings to see how they align with your setup, and be prepared to do some basic carpentry to reuse the door pieces you have.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Depending on the depth you have, all my kitchen appliances are free standing behind doors that match my units.

Reply to
ss

JohnP snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com posted

Evidently you're not married?

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Yes - it takes time to get my level of influence. She has seen me drag them out for repairs and appreciates the added difficulties with integrated. We take the energy labels off and the Warranty info. I have seen some left out for the scrap man with such labels still fixed!!

Personally - I would like s basement and the washer and boiler could go down there. Whoever thought anyone would want a boiler taking up kitchen space?

Reply to
JohnP

thank you for you help, it fitted in the end!

Reply to
Mara Demha

Europe has different standard dimensions for kitchen units and front panels. It was always the way for years that a Neff / siemens / bosch/ miele / smeg integrated dishwasher had wasted space above or below the appliance and issues with door clearance if not fitted by someone who knew. I believe they make UK models now, a bit taller with more space inside.

TW

Reply to
TimW

I fitted my own kitchen in 1989. I used Bosch applieances (including dishwasher) and had no difficulties with fitting them. They have been replaced- over time - with newer models which had the same dimensions as the 1989 versions.

Reply to
charles