Installing Shaver Socket

I'm not sure it ever was 110V since isolating shaver sockets existed. The US had standardised on 120V before the UK standardised on 240V. 10-15 years ago IIRC, some States reduced their voltage a little as an every saving measure, but that was to figures like 117V, possibly as low as 115V somewhere.
Before US standardisation, the original supplies were mostly 100V, and were gradually increased differently in different areas to get more power through the existing circuits, with some areas having 110V.
110V is often wrongly given as the US mains voltage.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Which provides too much voltage to equipment, how stupid. This is a shaver socket above eye level, not a piece of equipment on a worksite which might get drowned in water.

Why are you shocked? Is the lightbulb in your bathroom isolated? That's just as likely to get sloshed with water as a shaving light.
--
Advice for office managers:
If you keep the sexual harassment complaint forms in the bottom drawer, then when a woman gets one out you'll get a great view of her arse.

Mine is right next to the washbasin, and something plugged into it (like a shaver charging lead) could dangle in the water.

Not really, they are halogens recessed in the ceiling. And of course the switch is a pull-cord.
--
Roland Perry

So what? Don't do that then. And if it is, you simply switch it off and not stick your hand in to retrieve it. And if it's on a 1 amp circuit, it can't give you much amps anyway.

A lot of bathrooms have a normal pendant light fitting. Do you ever hoover your bathroom? Do you plug that into an isolated outlet too? What about a hairdryer?
--
ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

1 amp??
I always assumed that the meain reason for the isolation is because of the risk of someone plugging/unplugging something with wet hands.

Most pendant fittings are probably high enough up to not be at any great risk of splashing, or someone getting out of the bath and replacing the bulb (hence being out of the zones)

I don't normally plug the hoover in with wets hand hanving got out of the bath. For most bathrooms there should not be a socket to plug a heairdryer into in there (given the 3m from the bath rule)
--
Chris French

I was assuming a fuse of that value somewhere, perhaps in the shaver light itself.

Unless you're up a ladder, why is that of concern? If it does concern you, then try drying your hands first.
You're just as likely to plug something in with wet hands in the kitchen, on a 30 amp ringmain that is not isolated.

I can't see me splashing my shaver socket either. I'd have to cup my hands full of water and deliberately throw it at it.

The mirror is in the bathroom, so obviously people will plug it into the hall so they can se what they're doing in the mirror.
--
Confucius say man who sniff coke, drown.

The only mirror in my bathroom is (getting back on topic) a very small shaving mirror.
--
Roland Perry

If it's big enough to see your face it's big enough to see your hair. Anyway every bathroom I've seen has a decent sized mirror over the sink of at least 2 square feet in area.
--
It's only premarital sex if you're going to get married.

I can only see a portion of my face. In nay case I have little enough hair that I don't use a hairdryer.

All this proves is that you haven't seen my bathroom!
--
Roland Perry

That is unusual (the small mirror). It would be easier for you to shave if you could se your whole face.

You don't have to be included in "almost every".
--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff

I don't think so. Such 6-inch diameter shaving mirrors are commonplace.

What's actually easier is seeing a very small part, magnified.
--
Roland Perry

remarked:

eg Peter's Pecker
--
Adam

Rub it then it'll be easier to see.
--
When you own Llamas... spit happens

When camping maybe. I just have a mirror that shows my whole face, I don't need to move around to see the bit I want.
You must have poor eyesight if you need magnification. What are you doing, trying to remove a tick? You don't need to see the individual hairs.

--
When you own Llamas... spit happens

What's the diameter, and do you need glasses to see something that close (I don't know about you, but I don't tend to shave wearing glasses).
--
Roland Perry

Are you talking to me? I have a 1 by 2 foot non magnifying mirror.
--
Why do sailors have tattoos on their backs?
So their shipmates will have something to read.

It'll kill you before 1 amp fuse has time to blow.

Really? Before things like halogen downlighters most had surface-mounted ceiling mounted fittings

Very rarely, it's a mop-and-brush sort of a place. In any case, it's a but difficult for the hoover to accidentally fall in the bath.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a socket in a UK bathroom that would be suitable for a hairdryer, although they are common in the USA.
--
Roland Perry

Several shocks prove otherwise.

I haven't seen many of those apart from posh houses. Mostly I see the same fitting in every room, a pendant with a shade.

You might splash the hoover, which is all you can do with the razor. Don't forget, you are not in the sink when it falls in. So you have to make a conscious decision to place your hand into the sink full of water with it. That's if you even fill the sink to shave. Most people use an electric shaver to dry shave, and if not, you may just have the tap running, not the basin full.

Well most people dry their hair in the bathroom, either on an extension or the hairdryer cord is long enough to reach to the hall. The mirror is above the sink in the bathroom.
--
Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?

I do, but with a towel.

I have a window there.
--
Roland Perry

Change people to women above.

Get a one way mirror fitted.
--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.