Installing Shaver Socket

State message ID etc.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Several shocks prove otherwise.

I haven't seen many of those apart from posh houses. Mostly I see the same fitting in every room, a pendant with a shade.

You might splash the hoover, which is all you can do with the razor. Don't forget, you are not in the sink when it falls in. So you have to make a conscious decision to place your hand into the sink full of water with it. That's if you even fill the sink to shave. Most people use an electric shaver to dry shave, and if not, you may just have the tap running, not the basin full.

Well most people dry their hair in the bathroom, either on an extension or the hairdryer cord is long enough to reach to the hall. The mirror is above the sink in the bathroom.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If it's big enough to see your face it's big enough to see your hair. Anyway every bathroom I've seen has a decent sized mirror over the sink of at least 2 square feet in area.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If you read the group rather than posting rubbish and picking out points in posts to disagree with or ask stupid questions about, you would know that the subject of mains voltage has been covered here several times, almost to the point of nausea.

Reply to
John Williamson

In message , at 10:14:03 on Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Uncle Peter remarked:

I can only see a portion of my face. In nay case I have little enough hair that I don't use a hairdryer.

All this proves is that you haven't seen my bathroom!

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 10:13:08 on Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Uncle Peter remarked:

I do, but with a towel.

I have a window there.

Reply to
Roland Perry

No, most people dry their hair in the bedroom.

Reply to
Bod

I doubt many read every single post.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

That is unusual (the small mirror). It would be easier for you to shave if you could se your whole face.

You don't have to be included in "almost every".

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Change people to women above.

Get a one way mirror fitted.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I've never seen anyone use a hair dryer in the bathroom. Various women I've lived with, my eldest dughter, my mum, my wife, friends I've been staying with have dried their hair elsewhere, normally the bedroom

Reply to
chris French

He's a troll. He doesn't read the group, as such.

Reply to
Huge

Huge's message showed up as some sort of bogon not belonging to any thread in Thunderbird (it seems to happen now and again with TB) unusually I decided to track it down based on message-ID and viewing hidden subthreads.

All I can say is ye gods, I can't believe that *so* many people still see and reply to the idiot.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Presumably someone in the family is safety conscious then. Most people wash their hair in the bathroom, it follows that it is logical to continue with the drying in the same room.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If you have time to read the entire group, you have a very uninteresting life.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The teenage daughter of an American friend who was staying with us plugged her hairdryer into the razor point in the bathroom in order to dry her hair. The razor point did not like this ...

Reply to
Huge

That's the fault of the razor point, not the girl. It's as daft/inconvenient as the old system of 5 amp and 15 amp sockets.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Quite. I'll say one thing for him, he's a very *successful* troll!

Reply to
Huge

If using the 16th edition guidance then that would be sockets that would be likely to be used for outside power. Installing RCD sockets that were close to the font/back doors was one way of acheiving this and in some cases is still a viable way of improving safety to houses with fuse boards.

Reply to
ARW

When I grabbed the exposed flex of my mower, I jumped, not died.

Reply to
Uncle Peter